You’ll have heard it before: “An image is worth a thousand words.” In the super fast paced world that we live in today, that phrase couldn’t be more true. Photography is more important than ever before in helping brands to tell their story and connect with their customers.
Want to know why? Here are 5 reasons!
1. Photographs convey emotion: One of the most incredible aspects of photography is it’s ability to convey an emotion. Use darker, more contrasty light: you’ll get a moody atmosphere. Use a really light, bright room: you get happiness. Lots of blues: tranquility, and so on. Your images have the ability to quickly and easily convey the emotion that you want your customers to feel that relate to your business. It’s important that you look at the visuals of your brand (on your website, social media, email, etc) and asses: does this convey the emotion that I want?
2. Photography is the first impression that your customers get of your brand. Think about it; the last time you heard of a new business, I bet you grabbed your iPhone, hopped onto Instagram, had a scroll, maybe looked on their website, and within a matter of a minute, you had an idea of what kind of brand they were. First impressions matter!
3. Photography has the ability to add perceived value… but photography can also create the opposite effect. Bad quality imagery equals a harder time earning loyalty and trust. Sounds really superficial, but it’s the reality.
4. Photography is a much quicker way of getting a message across to customers. Text is great, but it takes quite a long time for people to read a caption, an about page, or a pretty Instagram quote. Images take milliseconds!
5. Consistently topnotch photography creates brand trust and recognition. If your imagery is consistent and of high quality over all of your platforms (website, social media, email, logo, print outs, etc), you’re helping your customers recognise you.
Need to have amazing product shots... contact us today at Lexie Productions